[FIX] [EDIT: Fix now works] PSA: A fix for the stuck on loading screen issue!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by maximilian, May 14, 2015.

1. maximilian

maximilian Rookie

EDIT: STEP 3a. was missing!

I finally managed to fix the issue guys!, If you've been having issues with the game being stuck on the startup loading screen, apparently it's an issue with night vision goggles, all you have to do to fix this is this:

1. Go to your Unturned folder (Mine was: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Unturned)
    2. Right click Unturned.exe > Properties > Compatibility > check [O] Run in 640x480
    3. Start the game once and wait for it to finish loading, then close it
    3a.: GO BACK TO PROPRTIES AGAIN, AND UNCHECK THE RUN IN 640x480 OPTION
    4. Open the game again, wait for it to finish loading, hopefully now you can see a bit beyond the first screen (tip: you can press alt+enter to go fullscreen)
    5. Press Escape twice
    6. Enter any server or single player
    7. Unequip/drop your nightvision goggles, or simply press escape and commit suicide!

I've literally tried everything I could think of, and only this worked. Let's hope we get a fix soon.

Enjoy! :D

2. Call_Me_M

Call_Me_M N00b+

For me, it was some file I downloaded from a mod that I was messing around with.
    As soon as I deleted that, it went back being normal for me again.

So, some people like myself, it's probably because they've been messing around with the mods they've put into their game.

3. Zane Hunt

Zane Hunt N00b

This worked for me however the loading screen is still in a box covering half the screen and i cant move around i can only slightly move my cursor. Unplayable but its the only thing i have seen yet that allows me to the main menu in the past 48 hours

EDIT: Fixed itself, Cheers for your help

4. MiniMuleNZ

MiniMuleNZ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have seen this appear a number of times on the forum now. It appears to be a build issue with this version. I imagine Nelson will hotfix it

5. maximilian

maximilian Rookie

Its all good man. :)