HammerHost: Unturned hosting service | Closed

Discussion in 'Server Hosting' started by Hammereditor, Oct 7, 2014.

Would you do surveys and free offers to earn Unturned hosting for free, if you earned $3/hour?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2015.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

6/23/16:
    The service has been officially closed
    Remaining customers were given partial refunds for any hosting time lost. The website also doesn't work right now, although I will put it back online before the end of this month.

Web site (purchase servers here):

http://hammerhost.hammereditor.net/unturned/
    You see a game hosting company which is offering a $30.00 Unturned server with 40 slots. They guarantee 99.95% uptime, which is essential for your server's stability, but would you really pay $0.75/slot for it? What if a competitor can only promise 97% uptime, but offers the same 40-slot plan for $20.00 ($0.50/slot)?
    What you see above is the whole philosophy of HammerHost. Our mission is to provide the best no-nonsense value/price ratio, instead of five-star quality with all the bells and whistles.

The fancy "enterprise" ECC memory, Intel Xeon E5 CPU's, and low-latency networks only increase performance by 5% and reliability by 0.01%. But somehow, there is MORE lag on providers which use these systems.

What special features does HammerHost have for 2.2.5?
    Version 2.2.5 of the game is outdated, and HammerHost no longer sells 2.2.5 servers.
    What special features does HammerHost have for 3.x.x.x (3.0)?
    • Full FTP access: access to entire Unturned directory, but executable files are checked before startup to make sure they are not hacked
    • Live server status: Displays the number of online players, the configuration, the server title, and other stats
    • Automatic update installation: After a new game version is released, the control panel back-end downloads the update (and Rocket loader), and installs it on all Unturned 3.x.x.x servers. In 1-7 minutes after it's released, your server will be online with the new version. Since most other 3.x.x.x servers will not get updated so quickly, your server will be flooded with players.
    • Rocket loader integration: The Rocket add-on loader for Unturned 3.x.x.x is installed on servers by default, and re-installed automatically after updates. This enables you to use plug-ins.
    • Add-on manager: This is the latest addition to the control panel. You can install Rocket loader plug-ins and maps.
    • Rocket loader plug-ins: You can install most plug-ins which are available on the R-loader site. The versions get automatically updated.
    • Workshop maps: You can install maps from the Steam workshop.
    • Custom control panel: No generic TCadmin used
    • RDP access: This is probably the biggest advantage of HammerHost. It's as if you had your own VPS, and running each Unturned 3.x.x.x server on it's own Windows user account brings multiple advantages.
    • Console access: You can enter every console command available, and view the output.
    • Easier file management: RDP access makes it easier to edit small text files, with Notepad, instead of using FTP.
    • Crash management: These features make it less of a problem when your server crashes.
    • Auto-restarting: The control panel detects all kinds of Unturned 3.x.x.x crashes, including C++ runtime errors. When a crash is detected, your server is restarted within 30 seconds.
    • Autosaving: Zamirathe's auto-saving plug-in is installed by default, and saves every 60 seconds.
    What is the history of HammerHost?
    In March 2014, I was involved in an indie game called Blockland, which was an online lego-building game with a small community. I decided to create a hosting service, which is a small company that sells dedicated game servers, and I named it "HammerHost". Unfortunately, Blockland was a game with low demand for paid hosting, and I never made any profit. Even worse, I had a history of being a "problem user"; a user involved with trolling and hacking servers, even though most of the accusations were blown up. In the end, the developer of Blockland lost interest in the game, and never improved support for dedicated servers. I quit , deciding that there was no way I could please the community.
    However, in the middle of August, Unturned was entering it's golden age. I saw how the developer worked on the game for over 3 hours a day, even though he was only a year older than I am. Nelson listened to the players and incorporated their suggestions and creations into development, unlike the creator of Blockland. Also, I calculated that (at least for HammerHost) Unturned hosting was a lucrative market, and by focusing on price/performance, I could make a large profit. So I decided to try again to run a hosting business.

As of late January 2015, HammerHost had three dedicated server nodes and 12 paying Unturned customers (along with 7 Blockland customers).

What does the control panel look like (version 3.x.x.x (3.0))?
    Since there are too many screenshots, the screenshots and the descriptions are on http://imgur.com/a/SPGrG.

What hardware does HammerHost use?

E.U. node:
    • CPU: Intel core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz
    • RAM: 16 GB DDR3
    • Hard disk: 2 x 3 TB SATA disks
    • Network: 1 Gbps port, location: Falkenstein, Germany, EU
    • IP address: eu.hammereditor.net
    E.U. 2 node:

• CPU: Intel core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz
    • Hard disk: 2 x 3 TB SATA disks
    • Network: 1 Gbps port, location: Falkenstein, Germany, EU
    • IP address: eu2.hammereditor.net
    C.A. node:
    • CPU: Intel core i5-3570S @ 3.4 GHz
    • Hard disk: 1 TB SATA disk
    • Network: 100 Mbps port, 160+ Gbps DDoS protection, location: Beauharnois, QC, Canada
    • IP address: ca.hammereditor.net
    C.A. 2 node:

• Hard disk: 2 TB SATA disk
    • Network: 100 Mbps port, 160+ Gbps DDoS protection, location: Beauharnois, QC, Canada
    • IP address: ca2.hammereditor.net
    C.A. 3 node:

• Hard disk: 2 TB SATA disk
    • IP address: ca3.hammereditor.net

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  2. Cca

Cca N00b

10/10

Hammereditor likes this.
  3. Bamboosels

Bamboosels N00b+

4. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

Really, nobody has volunteered to be a beta tester? It's completely free! It's like an OC network server for free.

5. Bamboosels

Bamboosels N00b+

Hammerhost is great and really cheap! Thanks!

6. Ev1dentFir3

Ev1dentFir3 Head Moderator Contributor

You need to get a USA server my man ;)

7. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

Europe has as good a connection to South America as North America does, if not better, even though the geographical distance is greater. So at least Spanish-speaking players will not be left out. Plus this dedicated server is extremely cheap. If HammerHost ever gets large enough to move to a North America location, I have a cheap DDoS-protected provider in Canada in mind, but for now, I don't want to move things around.
    Don't forget that no other hosting service is in Europe! Somebody has to serve the European players.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  8. Bamboosels

Bamboosels N00b+

Got my beta server up, and I live in the US and the ping is great. The cabling for the server is really good, so is the download/upload speed. Nice control panel, too.

9. ItsDomTheGamer

ItsDomTheGamer N00b+

Yeah i got mine up great ping and control panel

10. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

I know there are some problems right now with the control panel's back-end server, but those will be solved within 5 hours.
    EDIT: These appear to be solved now.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  11. ShenmueHD

ShenmueHD N00b+

how much is this as id love to test it :) and when will you support 3.0 server's

12. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

The 3.x.x.x beta phase will start on Friday or Saturday, and all existing 2.2.5 beta testers can transfer to the 3.x.x.x beta phase for free, or they can quit beta and purchase a 2.2.5 server. The 2.2.5 beta phase will end on Friday or Saturday, and I will start selling 2.2.5 servers.
    As for 2.2.5 prices, they will start at $0.55/slot for 20 slots, and end at $0.375/slot for 100 slots. List of future prices:

• 20 slots: $11/month ($0.55/slot)
    • 30 slots: $15.50/month ($0.517/slot)
    • 40 slots: $19.00/month ($0.475/slot)
    • 50 slots: $22.50/month ($0.45/slot)
    • 60 slots: $25.50/month ($0.425/slot)
    • 80 slots: $32/month ($0.40/slot)
    • 100 slots: $37.50/month ($0.375/slot)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  13. ShenmueHD

ShenmueHD N00b+

so what would that be a month ???

32slots ??

14. Goodfeet

Goodfeet Forum-Manager Staff Member Forum Managers

15. ShenmueHD

ShenmueHD N00b+

Could i try a week trial to see if i like it then after that start paying ?? 20slots ??

16. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

There will be no free trials in the future. If you want, you can ask my beta testers how good the hosting service is.
    Also, if you want 32 slots, you would have to either buy the 40-slot plan, or use the 30-slot plan even though you would have 2 less slots.

There has been a problem where zombies were not spawning, vehicles were not enter-able, and doors could not be opened. This is related to the registry, so I restored the most recent registry back-up which does not have this problem. It's from 10/21/14 at 10:23 PM UTC, which is about 40 hours ago. This is version 2.2.5's fault.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    Goodfeet and ShenmueHD like this.
  17. ItsDomTheGamer

ItsDomTheGamer N00b+

I've been using this for quite a bit now and it's really good and ill be looking forward to using it when full release and its for sale

Hammereditor likes this.
  18. MG | GriefMoDz

MG | GriefMoDz Rookie

10/10

Excellent Server Hosting Service! I especially recommend this host to anyone, that is willing to take hand a magnificent server provider. Can't wait till the 3.x.x.x servers are released ;)

Hammereditor likes this.
  19. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

The 3.x.x.x beta will start on saturday or sunday. I unfortunately had to delay it because I spent 2.5 days adding in a live server status feature. I discovered Unturned implements the Valve RCON API for server info. So I can get live information on the player count, map, max. playercount, versus mode, difficulty, secure mode, and so on. I can also get the list of currently online players. This is a large advantage, so I decided to add RCON to the control panel.

20. subgenius

subgenius N00b

gimme plz...!

FRA is perfect for me <3

me wants to rentz a good dedicated server, was lookin around quite a bit, but didnt see much being offered yet

sounds & looks promising

*checks calendar*