HammerHost: Unturned hosting service | Closed

Discussion in 'Server Hosting' started by Hammereditor, Oct 7, 2014.

Would you do surveys and free offers to earn Unturned hosting for free, if you earned $3/hour?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2015.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. EvilDan

EvilDan N00b+

It is usually a combination of available bandwidth, and having the room free on the current servers. If not, some sort of hope that if a new server is purchased, the slots on that one would fill to justify the expense.

This is just a guess.

2. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

HammerHost isn't an actual company and this is only a side business which I do in my free time. Due to the relentless updates for this game, I don't have time to get more capacity. There is a time where HammerHost will be in-stock at least half of the time, but I need to create a lot of systems before the availability reaches that point.

In one year I have to go to college, so I will not have much time for the next 4 months.

---MERGED---

[​IMG]
    The ordering site now has HTTPS and forces you to use it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2015
  3. dimitrifrom31

dimitrifrom31 N00b+

I wouldn't have posted in another host thread if you did not do it yourself in mine but you are basically saying your business is not registered (e.g. illegal) and as such people purchasing off your website have no guarantees.
    This is most likely confirmed by the fact your have no company information (required) on your web page or in your ToS.

Some information about your business would be apreciated. You may be young and not realizing that illegal business can be a threat to real employment. The GSP market has been flooded with wannabe GSP's for the past 4-5 years and even if some were providing a decent service they were not paying any tax resulting in unfair competition and lead some legit GSP's filing to bankruptcy. I know that for a fact as a company I have been working with has purchased customers base of 2 of them for a symbolic price of €1. The people who were working there are now unemployed.

Hoping I'm wrong and that you only forgot to post your business registration info.

For sure if you don't pay taxes.

4. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

Well, I was discovered by PayPal one week ago, so I will have to pay when tax time comes next year. But HammerHost would be registered as extra personal income instead of a business. This is because I am not an adult, and cannot create an incorporated business.

5. dimitrifrom31

dimitrifrom31 N00b+

That's not the way it works. You do have to be registered as a business to sell goods/services, even if online.
    You do have to devlare your VAT every 3 months and this has to be calculated on your end customers location (20% for french people, spanish 21% etc), you do have to pay taxes on your sales etc. Rules may vary slightly according to the country you live in but there are still rules.
    Tax on personal incomes is the last step.

That's why you assumed being able to make "large" profits while in fact you were just not counting all those taxes a legit business has to pay.

Let me give you a clear example for a fench business selling to a spanish customer:
    - customer is charged 10€ (to make it simple)
    - 2.10€ are VAT (21% for Spain). You got 7.90€ left that's the real money income for the company.
    - on those 7.90 let's say about half of it minimum will be used to pay recurring invoices (machines, licenses etc). You got about 4€ left (usually much less)
    - on those 4€ you got 45% (1.80€) going to government for the different taxes like healthcare etc. You got 2.20€ left
    - Finally you can pay off 2.20€ to yourself (assuling you work alone). But you still gotta pay tax on personal incomes (about 30% / 0.66€) so you got 1.54€ going in your pocket as a big maximum. So for 10€ invoiced you earn 1.50€ at best.
    Doing it illegaly you can easily earn 5€ why your math looked so appealing. Until you get caught (because you always do since online transactions are all registered for years) and have to reppay what you owe + a large extra. The kind of thing that can ruin your life believe me.

And I'm skipping the yearly company tax, paying accountant, paying to publish your accounts etc (about 2/3k€ / year).
    As you can see running a business is not about renting a machine and settng up servers, many people can do that.

6. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

If you want to file a lawsuit against HammerHost, go ahead. I have saved all of the profits from when HammerHost was started. I live in the U.S., so there is no VAT. I know this can be filed as personal income. I think you should stop worrying about my finances, especially on this forum topic, because I am ready to pay everything on the last 9 months of business, if I have to.

MiniMuleNZ likes this.
  7. dimitrifrom31

dimitrifrom31 N00b+

Not going to fill anything, the only reason why I replied here is because I found funny you replied to my topic kind of pretending my business was new while it's been registered for years.
    There are a lot of other small hosts doing the same but you may want to get informed as I don't believe you can issue invoices/charge people without being registered. Different rules apply depending on the state your HQ are but also depending where servers are hosted and who you are selling to.

And as you are selling to EU based customers you need a VAT registration number and declare your VAT.

8. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

I guess there was a misunderstanding. Originally, I said your business was new for Unturned. That's because I never heard the name "RoxServers" on any Unturned forum or community web site, until 1 month ago. But now I figured out Rox has secretly been in this game for over 1 year. I apologize for that.

HammerHost doesn't directly draw from the credit card numbers. All payments are done via PayPal, which automatically converts the E.U. currencies into USD. Either way, I will handle all of this when filing taxes. I'm probably going to end this business in 10 months or so, when I have to go to college.
    Anyway, I have 99% of the profits saved, in case I have to pay VAT later.

--- MERGED ---

One spot at the C.A. location is available
    You can now purchase a 24-slot or 16-slot Unturned server: https://order.hammereditor.net/product-category/3-x-x-x-3-0-hosting/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2015
  9. Compugasm

Compugasm N00b+

It says out of stock.

10. AtomiCAST

AtomiCAST Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Last 9 months? What will happen after that? Just curious about it.

11. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

HammerHost has made profits for 9 months and I intend to continue for 10 months. I am setting aside 40% of that for taxes. If HammerHost expands a lot and ends up with more total profit (> $5k maybe), I will file taxes. If not, I don't think the government will care, and I'm only making $6/hour right now.
    I'll either hand this business off to my little brother or end it when I go to college.

I'm sorry, I should have crossed that announcement out after the spot was taken.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Unturned 3.x.x.x server available in C.A.
    You can now purchase a 16-slot or 24-slot server at the Beauharnois location.
    The spot has now been taken

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  12. AtomiCAST

AtomiCAST Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for clarifying :)

13. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

More E.U. space coming
    And a few more C.A. servers left

The E.U. 3 node is set up and is hosting three Unturned servers right now. There's space for three more, but it will be given to those who waited in line and contacted me first. Over the next 2 days, I will set up the remaining customers, so (likely) one spot will be opened to the general public. One customer may quit on one of the old E.U. nodes, so that spot might be opened as well.

In the meantime, demand for the Beauharnois location has increased, but there are 1 to 2 slots left, depending on how big of a server you order. There's space for one 24-slot Unturned server and two 12-slot/16-slot servers.

Two C.A. spots open

Two 12-slot, 16-slot, and 24-slot Unturned servers are available at the Beauharnois location. One 32-slot server is also in stock.
    https://order.hammereditor.net/product-category/3-x-x-x-3-0-hosting/

I am going to be very busy in real life for the next 2-3 weeks. However, I am working on an automatic billing and ordering system, and I expect it to be done before the month ends.
    When November starts, HammerHost will be active again, with a new E.U. node probably coming. Or I can even get a west U.S. node.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
  14. Aqeon

Aqeon N00b

Hey Hammer I want to buy E.U 32 slot urgent please no lag yes frag <3 Hammer servers no lag <3 location turkey or germany ! Help me <3

15. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

Unfortunately, the E.U. nodes don't have space these days. The old customers aren't moving out. I do not have time to get a new node for the next 3-4 weeks. So for now, only C.A. spots will be open. Anyway, thanks for the no-lag compliment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Servers available at both locations

12-slot to 32-slot Unturned 3.x.x.x products are now in-stock for both C.A. and (finally) E.U. As usual, go to the ordering site to order. The Europe spots will run out quickly!

Aqeon likes this.
  16. Aqeon

Aqeon N00b

Hey i am buy and pay help me :(

17. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

Your server has been set up.

18. Danny123

Danny123 N00b

Me and my friend decided to host a server so we bought this one and its great here are some of the reasons you should buy a server from hammer host

1.support is really good i got support within a couple of hours which is great due to the different time zones and the fact that he goes to a High School
    2.some great features like rdp (remote desktop protocol), Add-on manager that allows you to install some plugins from the rocket website without downloading them + more
    3.you can access the Console using RDP
    4.add on manager allows you to install mods (maps,vehicle,items etc)
    5.its very clear on how to add plugins and mods
    6.choose between different command lines (thats just where you can change what type of stuff is on the server e.g one command line can have easy mode with pvp map PEI and the other one can be hard mode map YUKON.) The good thing is you can switch between them easily.

There are more reasons as well on why to choose hammer host .

Ill explain what some stuff are.

rdp is where u can remote connect to the server using windows so u can see all the files and console its quite a cool feature tbh
    like i said support is great i had a couple of questions and help and he helped me fix them i also asked if he could transfer my server to EU without me having to buy a new one and loose the server data and he said he will in 2 weeks when he has stock again.
    add on manager is great i can install some mods and maps+ plugins easily
    if i would rate hammerhost i would rate it 10/10 so far i haven't found anything bad about it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  19. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

One 16/24/32-slot server available in C.A. and E.U.
    A 16-slot+ Unturned 3.x server is in stock at both locations.

20. Twinkie

Twinkie Moderator

You might want to or get a friend help you make your site look a little better. it's very plain and just judging by it's cover, doesn't look trust-able, although from the forums, I wouldn't doubt you. just a suggestion.