HammerHost: Unturned hosting service | Closed

Discussion in 'Server Hosting' started by Hammereditor, Oct 7, 2014.

Would you do surveys and free offers to earn Unturned hosting for free, if you earned $3/hour?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2015.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

I never bothered to do that because enough customers come already. There are only 30 Unturned servers or so, and I don't have time to get more nodes. I also can't afford the elite software which other hosting providers have, and I don't have the experience to build well-designed software systems myself.

With all the real-life work I have, it doesn't make sense to move the website to Wordpress. I will have to write a lot of PHP code, which I am not good at, making the job harder.

The game is not growing anyway: https://jsfiddle.net/624t0e3c/4/embedded/result/

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

One server in stock at both locations

A 12-slot+ Unturned 3.x server is available at both locations.

3. Commander Phill

Commander Phill Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Keep up the good work my man!

4. Ilya rad

Ilya rad N00b

Hello, i went to buy this service from hammer head and they did not give ma server. I waited a full day for the server to be sent to me, but nothing(most other server service take less then 20 min to be ready). so i went to paypal for a dispute about this problem, but this hammerhost service did not replay to paypal for 4 days till they just refund. this service is a scam or a joke don't buy. I,m not lying i have screen shots of the whole problem for proof

5. cyris69

cyris69 N00b+

Sounds pretty odd to me. Did you not contact him before filing a dispute? I know it can take a few hours to over a day to get you setup depending on load and personal matters. This isn't a cheapy server rental setup with a script and bam no access to anything just FTP access. He has to setup your remote desktop account (you actually get to login to a windows machine and manage it like its your computer in front of you), make sure all permissions are squared away, get the service going then releases it to you. I've personally used HammerHost for a long time while I hosted unturned servers and best I've used (tried gameservers, vilayer, and a few other providers). I know he has a LOT on his plate right now and many new upgrades he is working on for the company, especially being a one man business and IT team.

He is usually available online nearly 24/7 so did you contact him?

6. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

First of all, I am still not in control of the Paypal account. Those messages were not true.

10 hours after you ordered I sent you an e-mail asking for information to set up your account. But you didn't reply after 24 hours. Then I sent you the same e-mail from another address, but you still didn't reply. So in the end, I decided to refund the payment.

Anyway, this matter is a done deal, and no other customer had the same experience.

7. xStiven

xStiven N00b

Can someone give an ip of any running atm unturned server at this hosting?

8. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

These are all the servers:
    [​IMG]

9. Hammereditor

Hammereditor Rookie+

February 20 2016:
    No more new Unturned servers
    Over the last month, Unturned has become considerably more buggy and failure-prone, at least on the server side. As a result, I'm spending all of my time dealing with the game's bugs and caveats, instead of developing and upgrading HammerHost's systems. Thanks to an increase in real-life work, I can no longer set up new customers and get their servers working perfectly.

Unturned's popularity is almost coming to an end. 1 year ago, I set up a program to record the daily total playercount of the game, using the Steam master server:
    [​IMG]
    View full playercount graph
    View full servercount graph
    Graphs updated on 4/26/16

As you can see, the playercount has stayed the same over the last 4-5 months, and has dropped recently. I think it's because the game is becoming more bugged and it's harder to get a server to run smoothly. Players are giving up when their data has to be rolled back or the server is broken for a few hours until somebody notices.

Also, I created a game hosting service so I could learn new stuff about computer hardware and software. Now I spend too much time doing support, instead of learning how to write code and use software to create a better hosting service. So in order to upgrade HammerHost, I need time to develop new stuff, which I don't have time for right now.

HammerHost will expand to Hurtworld within the next month. It's a fast-growing game, and I can use my experience with Unturned to build a better, more efficient, more automated, and more user-friendly service.

So sorry about not being able to buy a server. Hopefully you guys can find another company which suits you. I recommend Survival servers because their web control panel has most of the features which HammerHost has. Also, as the game becomes more bugged, remember to not jump into being a server owner instantly. Understand all the problems and caveats first.

April 8 2016:
    HammerHost is going away
    I already looked at the hosting markets of other similar indie games which aren't too large and are suitable for HammerHost. None of those games are growing in content and features or the loyal playerbase. In addition, I'm going to university in 4 months, so it doesn't make sense to invest so much time right now if I won't have time in the future to maintain the service's new games. The old customers will gradually quit over time, and nodes will gradually be dropped. Eventually either the C.A. or E.U. location will go away. This depends on demand for each location. You can expect HammerHost to be gone within 3-4 months.

I have now gotten interested in other things such as crypto-coins, a new online game, and computer hardware. I learned a lot from building this hosting service and maintaining it. All customers have been helpful and cooperative for over a year, and worked hard to maintain their Unturned servers. There were few users who came begging for help every time their permission configuration broke. I appreciate how you guys learned to think for yourselves and investigate the problem first, instead of immediately asking for support. Next time I start any kind of business, it will be a real one.

May 27 2016:
    E.U. node will be closed
    The E.U. node will be decommissioned on June 9. Due to the decline of the game and the lack of customer interest in renewing, the C.A. 2 node will be the last one standing. I expect it'll be closed in a month.

Last edited: May 28, 2016