Setting up your 3.x server with modloader (ROCKET)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by mindbdsm, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindbdsm

mindbdsm Rookie+

Instructions on how to install your unturned server with steamcmd
    First you need to download steamcmd, go to google and write "steamcmd" or visit https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

On the website click on 1.1 Windows or scroll until that section.
    Pic 1
    [​IMG]

As seen on the picture do the following
    Code:
    1. Create a folder for SteamCMD.
    For example
    C:\steamcmd
    2. Download SteamCMD for Windows: http://media.steampowered.com/installer/steamcmd.zip
    3. Extract the contents of the zip to the folder.
    Pic 2
    [​IMG]

If you want you can run it 1 time to download steamcmd files.
    You can just skip and go to next step which is setting properties to run the install of unturned files.

Create shortcut of your steamcmd.exe on your desktop (you can rename it to anything you like "Server update.exe").

Under properties of the shortcut look for the target field in which it should be something like
    Code:
    "C:\SteamCMD1\steamcmd.exe"
    Pic 3
    [​IMG]

In the Target filed add necessary launch options to update unturned files.
    It should look like this:
    Code:
    Login with your steam acc
    C:\SteamCMD1\steamcmd.exe +login username password +force_install_dir C:\SteamCMD1\apps +app_update 304930
    Login anonymously
    C:\SteamCMD1\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\SteamCMD1\apps +app_update 304930
    First part ("C:\SteamCMD1\steamcmd.exe") is the location from where your shortcut was made, don't change it.
    This are the options:
    Code:
    +login username password - this is your steam login info, change username and password with your credentials
    +login anonymous - to login anonymously, without your account credentials
    +force_install_dir C:\SteamCMD1\apps - location where the app (Unturned files) will be installed, you can change the location where you want (example D:\Unturned Server)
    +app_update 304930 - this is the app you want to update (304930 is the number of Unturned)

-beta preview -betapassword OPERATIONMAPLELEAF - this part is not needed anymore since 3.x went public, if you have it anywhere just remove this and your game will update correctly.

Pic 4
    [​IMG]
    Not everything fits in picture since it's long "code"

This is what it looks like installing steam files, it will happen if you run it before adding launch options into target field as well.

Pic 5
    [​IMG]

After steam files update and application wants to login to your account it will probably ask you for steam guard key (as on picture)
    simply check your email and write it and the installation will proceed.

Pic 6
    [​IMG]

When it says "Success! App '304930' fully installed.", you can simply write exit to close steamcmd, we won't be needing it anymore.

This is what you have at the moment.

[​IMG]
    Pic 7

Now that you have all the necessary files we can start our server.
    Before we launch our server we will add rocket loader with which we will later use to add mods.
    To get rocket loader go to https://rocket.foundation/ click on Get Rocket and download release that is equal to your version of server (3.x)

Pic 8
    [​IMG]

Unzip or open the file downloaded and copy all files to your Unturned folder under Unturned_data -> Managed.

Pic 9
    [​IMG]

Make a shortcut of your Unturned.exe on your desktop (you can rename it as well "Unturned server.exe")
    As before there are some launch options necessary to add under Target field.
    Code:
    C:\steamcmd\apps\Unturned.exe -nographics -batchmode +secureserver/ServerName
    Pic 10
    [​IMG]

After launching your Unturned shortcut you should get something like this:

Pic 11
    [​IMG]

Now you have a server with Rocket mod loader. :)

To configure server settings, name, difficulty and so on, navigate to your server folder
    Code:
    C:\SteamCMD1\apps\Servers\servername\Server
    and in Commands.dat change settings.

Pic 12
    [​IMG]

Here are some of usual commands, such as:
    Code:
    name - name of your server
    maxplayers - number of player that can join (max 32)
    port - port on which the server is running (important for port forward)
    map - name of the map on which the server runs (PEI is downloaded by default)
    welcome - message that will be displayed on joining the server
    difficulty - difficulty of server (can be easy|normal|hard|gold)
    PvP or PvE - choose if you want PVP or PVE for your server
    you can also add some other:
    password - if you want to add password for your server
    This is what it looks like when starting with additional settings

Pic 13
    [​IMG]

So now that we have server set up and running. We can start adding mods and configuring mod loader.

Lets start with the Rocket configuration. Navigate to your rocket folder in server.
    C:\steamcmd\apps\Servers\servername\Rocket and open Rocket.config.xml (wite Notepad++ for example)

Pic 1
    [​IMG]

So
    Code:
    <EnableJoinLeaveMessages>false</EnableJoinLeaveMessages> - enables(if true) messages on join or disables showing messages on join(if false)
    <AutomaticSaveInterval>300</AutomaticSaveInterval> - saves the server on interval (time in seconds)
    <AutomaticShutdown Enabled="false" Interval="0" /> - restarts the server(if true) on interval(seconds)

<AutomaticShutdownClearLevel>false</AutomaticShutdownClearLevel> - clears the map data on restart (if true)
    <AutomaticShutdownClearPlayers>false</AutomaticShutdownClearPlayers> - clears player data on restart (if true)
    other commands will be explained in some later posts when i completely figure them out :) (don't change them if you are not 100 sure what they do)

Lets configure premission config:

Pic 2
    [​IMG]

There are 2 groups created, the default - for every player that joins and moderator in which you can assign players by steamid to give them additional commands
    So let see:
    The group needs to have beggining <Group> and ending </Group> inside those 2 needs to be:
    Code:
    <Id>id</Id> - ID of the group
    <DisplayName>Display Name</DisplayName> - display name of the group
    After that there needs to be memeber list (as much as you want)
    Code:
    <Members>
        <Member>steamid1</Member>
        <Member>steamid2</Member>
        <Member>steamid3</Member>
    </Members>
    and finally commands: (as much as you want and which you want, you can even remove them all)
    Code:
    <Commands>
            <Command>command1</Command>
            <Command>command2</Command>
            <Command>command3</Command>
    </Commands>
    If you don't know commands you can simply write help in your server console to get list of commands.

Lets get to setting up our first plugin. We'll start with simple message announcer:
    First we need plugin from https://dev.rocket.foundation/plugins/message-announcer/
    Now click on Download part and download the latest version released.

Pic 3
    [​IMG]

Now extract MessageAnnouncer.dll to your Plugin folder in rocket server folder.
    Code:
    C:\steamcmd\apps\Servers\servername\Rocket\Plugins
    Since xml for messages is not included run you server so that it creates default config in which we will change messages.
    Afte you server starts and says that loading was done you can shut it down and go to plugin folder.

Pic 4
    [​IMG]

New folder was created in Plugins folder called MessageAnnouncer and inside it file called MessageAnnouncer.config.xml which we need to change (you can open it with Notepad++)

Pic 5
    [​IMG]

So now we can change what messages will the plugin show on our server.
    Code:
    <Interval>180</Interval> - interval of message (in seconds)
    <Messages> </Messages> - inside you need to write strings that the server will broadcast
    <string>Welcome to unturned.ROCKS, we hope you enjoy your stay!</string>
    you can put as much messages as you want (1 or 10)

TextCommands is where you can put additional commands that can be used ingame to display something such as rules or additional help
    Code:
    <Name>rules</Name> - the name of command that you need to write to display text
    <Help>Shows the server rules</Help> - description of what the command does
    <Text> </Text> - inside that you write lines of text that will be displayed ingame in chat
    So this is it. You configured your first plugin successfuly. Every time you change xml files of your server, the server needs to be restarted in order to aceppt changes.

This was done moments before new update but everything works with the latest files the same. If something changes I'll update tutorial as soon as I can.
    In coming days I also plan to add some more tutorials for other plugins and some other stuff that will be creating problems for people trying to create server. :)

P.S. There might be some mistake because this was created at 1 AM after a really long day. ;)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    Jurgen773 and MiniMuleNZ like this.
  2. MiniMuleNZ

MiniMuleNZ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Awesome dude :) Stickied

3. Commander Phill

Commander Phill Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator

information overload..... I may now look like this... :megusta: ... But good job!

4. mindbdsm

mindbdsm Rookie+

It's not that much, I just wanted to make it as detailed as possible so anyone can do it and I wanted a post instead of video tutorial so it can be updated easy if something changes :)

5. Commander Phill

6. Dian Pratama

Dian Pratama N00b+

I have try that but i dont know why 3.x Server not work.
    I have open port and try host 2.5 Server and its work.

7. MiniMuleNZ

MiniMuleNZ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Are you forwarding the correct ports for 3.X?

8. Commander Phill

3.0 servers are weird right now.

9. mindbdsm

mindbdsm Rookie+

The 3.10.5.1 seems to work ok for now. The port needed for 3.x is 27015, and that works for me. Some people say that they need to open range of ports like 27014-27017. So try both.
    The 2.x version had 25xxx, not sure since I didn't have 2.x version of server.

10. azdtdevin

azdtdevin N00b

Im having a problem where my friends can connect to the server, but I cant >.< I need major help!

Jurgen773 likes this.
  11. Commander Phill

game just updated, server version out of date.

12. azdtdevin

azdtdevin N00b

Well danget... Ok then. Thanks

13. Commander Phill

14. sandis33

sandis33 N00b

How can i mod it? Like put tank mods in it

15. freakgamer

freakgamer N00b

ERROR! Failed to install app "304930" <no subdescription>
    why me ;_; :S
    if you need a photo in this commend i will upload it, but help meeeee! i just whant to have a unturned server ;_;

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  16. freakgamer

freakgamer N00b

why was my comment deleted? im just telling the error i had with cmd ;_;

17. Commander Phill

thread is outdated, no more responses.
    thank you for your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.