Can't spawn the mods I downloaded - even Workshop ones

Discussion in 'Question / Documentation' started by Call_Me_M, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Call_Me_M

Call_Me_M N00b+

Is anyone having issues with spawning in their mods recently?

Not sure if it was 3.10.9 or 3.10.8.5 that messed it up, but I can't load majority of my downloaded mod items.

I can't spawn in the Fortified Structures or The Eraser, etc. And those were the Workshop mods I downloaded.

__
    Tried installing and unsubbing from all the mods and erasing all the workshop folders and blah blah blah.
    nothing

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  2. MiniMuleNZ

MiniMuleNZ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Is there anything in the logs that would indicate an error?

3. Call_Me_M

Call_Me_M N00b+

Not even an error that came up. Was looking in my inventory and didn't see my custom stuff. Was trying to spawn it in and it wouldn't do it.

4. skillman187

skillman187 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

alot of people have been having this recently with workshop items even i have i just suggest not using them for now

5. Call_Me_M

Call_Me_M N00b+

So, just checked the game and I saw it was back to 3.10.8.5
    Thank Gaben that it wasn't 8.5 that caused it. PHEW!

6. Shaka 730623

Shaka 730623 N00b

I still have issues. I cant see the mods I loaded through Steam

7. Call_Me_M

Call_Me_M N00b+

Well, we've known why some of these mods are not working.
    UNITY 5

rant:
    IT WAS WORKING JUST FREAKING FINE BEFORE THIS IDIOTIC MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    End of rant.

MiniMuleNZ likes this.
  8. You should be able to find your added buildings in the map editor.
    Go through your steamapp files locate your mod and open file and click on dat file for each mod there will be an item id number there. Go to your map editor with map u want to use and go to objects or spawns I'm not at my computer. Enter in item I'd number and add. Not 100% this will work for buildings. Greater detail after response

9. Have You tried this yet.
    Copy mod file from steam / steamapps / workshop / content to steam / common / unturned / workshop / content. Then implement to your map using map editor. If spawning is a problem try adding id to an existing spawn table common teir. Has worked for me every time regardless of unity version. Other steps needed for mod to show in server. If worded directory incorectly (Can't follow) plez ask. I implement mods all the time and run those mods on server.