1. Hello there, Guest
    It's nice to see you around, please do remember that our Forum was made by Members of the Community and that our Forum Applications are only for the Forum Moderation position. As this is an Unofficial Community we don't have control over Unturned Servers, Steam Accounts, VAC Bans, etc.

Has anyone ever seen GENUINE hackers in Unturned?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jishness, Aug 7, 2015.

1. jishness

jishness N00b+

I run a server on the premise of no admins, and so far I've had no need to even get on the console to ban anyone. But lately people have been complaining OMG THIS GUY IS HACKING (not literally but it pretty much sounds like it). I've personally never seen a hacker. I don't flip out and lose my cool when somebody beats me because I understand they just outplayed me or are better than me.

I've only once seen an instance that gave me suspect to think someone was hacking, when I unloaded an entire magazine from my maple into someone's head and they didn't die. But I came to find out later, that it was just lag.

So my question is as the subject says, has anyone seen a genuine hacker in Unturned? I'm getting a little tired of people acting like they're 5 year olds when they die.

2. Hitchcock Holmes

Hitchcock Holmes Moderator Staff Member Moderator

In Unturned 2.2.5 there were loads of hackers, spawning in vehicles, structures etc. to lagg out the server, flying around, ESP hack and aimbotting. People used pretty much any hack you could think off, invisibility, crouch super speed, kill aura etc.

Haven't seen any hackers in 3.X though so that's... nice.

3. skillman187

skillman187 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

back when 3.0 preview first game out i was an admin for evidentfire gaming and i saw only about 3 actual hackers from then to now there was a no clipper a speed hacker and someone who messed with there files to make the cars go faster

4. MiniMuleNZ

MiniMuleNZ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hacking in Unturned 3.X is near impossible because of how the client handshakes with the server to determine that the game files are the same.
    I've only seen one person figure out how to get past it and they created Rocket and even if you do get past that testing procedure, you're still likely to get picked on by VAC.
    The method of modifying the game config files for certain items/vehicles has since been patched, but generally speaking, hacks are very limited in terms of what has been released to the public. The things you should watch out for are:
    • Item Spawning
    • Teleporting
    • ESP
    While other hacks possibly do exist, they have not been made public as far as I can see

5. jishness

jishness N00b+

So I can ignore pretty much 99% of the people saying omg hackz. :)

6. skillman187

@jishness correct most of the time its little kids that cant handle being out played and think they can get the player banned as revenge

7. Commander Phill

Commander Phill Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator

not really, closest is only when lagging and that is it.

8. Compugasm

Compugasm N00b+

I think I just came the closest yet. I didn't see it myself, but a few days ago a player on my server said in game chat he saw someone flying. Two seconds later the server crashed.

9. Commander Phill

hmm... may I have the IP of that server, I will look into it.

10. Compugasm

Compugasm N00b+

Oh sorry, was this topic for servers located somewhere specifically? There is nothing you can do. I will email the tech support peeps if I have a problem.

11. skillman187

@Compugasm it wasnt on server support no he was just offering incase you wanted him to.

12. Commander Phill

Correct, I am here to help.

13. BNBoss21

BNBoss21 N00b++

Probably one of the things that people might think is hacks is surviving Grizzly headshot. You just need a Mil. Helmet, Parka, Vest, Bandana, Eyewear (NVG), and Cargo Pants and you can survive Grizzly HS. Melikebigboom proved that.

14. Commander Phill

I have lived through it as well. 7% w/ bleeding

15. elementalvenom

elementalvenom N00b

Don't mean to bump a old thread, but you're wrong(At least now you are). The client-server handshake can EASILY be modified to lie to the server which allows people to join in with modified clients. This also did nothing to the hacks that use DLL injection. Item spawning isn't possible as well as teleportation as there are server-side checks to stop this. ESP can be discovered with /spy now but even that can be lied to.

16. Kosha

Kosha N00b

These days in 3.x there is a big problem with hackers. They can fly with cars see all of the loot and players on the map. It's good that they don't play on vanilla very ofter.

17. MiniMuleNZ

*Sigh* Yes I am aware that they are a big problem now. If I had the time I would get back in to Unturned plugins to try and stop them, but I'm over-committed with my time at the moment as it is.

Cheers

18. PotatoLord

PotatoLord Survivor++

I have seen a hacker before, sometimes it's obvious like the one time I had an encounter he had some kind of aimbot that would allow him to shoot and kill anyone instantly within a range. I think anyone who hacks for "fun" or cause the game is too hard should get lost cause the game is pretty easy.

Sorry dude, no KYS on the forum please, even if it's true

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016
  19. Kosha

Kosha N00b

And what are you doing now? Do you have time to play? It's nice to talk with you tho ;)

20. MiniMuleNZ

Now I study full time towards a degree in IT :p I never really played Unturned seriously, and I stopped developing for it after 3 came out - it was too much of a change for me to get used to with my limited time.
    Now I just sit around deleting spambots on the forum haha

Cheers