How to do the things I looked up

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by drew4452862, Jul 19, 2015.

1. drew4452862

drew4452862 N00b

To install the server, use the stickied guide in the tutorials section

To increase the base walls durability, edit hp in the files found
    X:\server\Bundles\Items\Structures

To add workshop items... trying to figure out how they spawn though
    X:\server\Servers\ServerName\Workshop\Content

save is just typing save in the rocket command prompt for the server. rocket also has a config file to set autosaves up (default every 5m)

to do list:

figure out how items spawn
    increase the max players, i can hope
    test maps to see if they are stable

2. EJOE12345

EJOE12345 N00b

Max Players
    Windows C/ProgramFilesx86/steam/steamapps/common/Unturned/servers/server/Command/(wrtie in maxplayers (Amount)

3. jishness

jishness N00b+

EJOE, he's talking about changing the max past 24 I believe. Something I also would like to be able to do, because 24 players on a large map is actually pretty weaksauce when you've got a server that can handle the load.

4. drew4452862

drew4452862 N00b

Ty jish, you are correct. The lack of control you get on your own server is really awful right now

5. Sh4ggy

Sh4ggy N00b++

I know this is a necro, but I happened to come across this page on google while searching for the answer to this very question, and here's what I found:

The 24 player issue has been brought up many times in the past, and I have done my research on this topic specifically, so I will explain a few things about 24 players and why we have it as a maximum.

1. The idea has already previously been proposed by the creators of the game themselves in the past to allow more than 24 players, this causes insane problems with emulation that were not anticipated. The game with 24 players hardly emulates smoothly anyways on cutting-edge hardware. Simply put, The game was designed for 24 players. It's not impossible to have MORE than 24 players, as there are many examples of private modifications that allow this. You can see evidence of this on server lists for Unturned.

2. You can change the Max Players count in the commands.dat file, HOWEVER, you will definitely experience huge CPU usage with more than the default allotted, and your server will not be listed on the public search.

Hopefully this clarifies a bit about why 24 players is the current maximum.