Rifle Shield (and Normal Shield)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kenji-san, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Kenji-san

Kenji-san N00b

I want Nelson to add a Rifle Shield which would be a Tactical Equipment for a gun, there would be 2 types, Transparent and Opaque (with a hole so you could aim of course). I think it would be overpowered (in PvP) but to balance it has a medium health/durability and also it would only cover the head so people can still attack and likely kill the player. I just took the idea from Rainbow Six Siege's operator Blackbeard and I also think a normal shield is also a good addition as a tactical for a pistol but to balance it the player wouldn't be able to aim with his pistol when he is using the shield for cover.

It's only a suggestion of mine and it's fine if you don't agree with me. If you also want to know what a rifle shield is, look it up on the internet (mostly are opaque but if you want the transparent one search rainbow six siege rifle shield). :D

2. Scout's ideas

Scout's ideas N00b+

I think there should be some sort of riot sheild too!
    Nice idea

3. PotatoLord

PotatoLord Survivor++

I like the riot shield ideas, (we get a lot of those here) but the rifle shield thing would be op and kinda broken, cause if you have great aim but the guy has a rifle shield and kills you, that's alittle unfair so I don't like that idea.

4. Kenji-san

Kenji-san N00b

Both rifle shields would be fragile in a way and the opaque one has a disadvantage as the player could only have few spaces to look at. I also think that it should have a 3x2 or 2x2 space so it could be a problem to some of the players' inventory, making it only acquirable would only be in Liberator would be also a good way to "nerf" it.

5. PotatoLord

PotatoLord Survivor++

Still, I think that would be more game breaking then that npc selling detonators. It only takes like 3 shots to kill some1 and if that shield, blocks 3 or more shots you basically get an extra life. People are complaining about it in a game where you die a lot and without much consequence, but in unturned you lose all your stuff.

6. Kenji-san

Kenji-san N00b

A large part of the body won't be protected as the rifle shield would be portable though.

7. PotatoLord

PotatoLord Survivor++

Yeah, but it protects the face, if you can't shoot me in the face, you have to shoot my lower body or limbs which are harder to hit and don't do as much damage.

8. Commander Phill

Commander Phill Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator

technically the body is a larger target and I tend to lean more towards body shots since they seem to land more.

Does feel like it could use some balance (Only usable on certain guns, etc)

9. Kenji-san

Kenji-san N00b

Yes it would only be usable on assault rifles (maybe carbine rifles and Grizzly too)

10. Kenji-san

Kenji-san N00b

11. PotatoLord

PotatoLord Survivor++

That protects way to much

12. Kenji-san

Kenji-san N00b

Well in Rainbow Six it was wide because it is used to protect teammates too, but if you want it to be balanced then the width should be shorter.

13. PotatoLord

PotatoLord Survivor++

I don't think it can be balanced. If a guy is able to score a hit on you, but the shield protects your face, the place most skilled players go for, that is just unfair. It would be ok if you couldn't shoot back but you can.