1. Hello there, Guest
    It's nice to see you around, please do remember that our Forum was made by Members of the Community and that our Forum Applications are only for the Forum Moderation position. As this is an Unofficial Community we don't have control over Unturned Servers, Steam Accounts, VAC Bans, etc.

RIP Modloader?

Discussion in 'Question / Documentation' started by Lifeslayer, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Lifeslayer

Lifeslayer N00b

For some reason, every time I try to use Modloader, even the new one created by one of the mods on the forum, the server never loads and the game bans me (black screen no buttons no load ect.). I have been looking all over for a new Modloader specifically for admin commands with no luck. Is there anything that works?! Please, I really want to take my server to the next level, and I don't want to keep relying on Rocket, which hasn't produced new plugins in AGES!

2. MiniMuleNZ

MiniMuleNZ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

OK let's set the record straight here - Rocket is THE mod loader for Unturned 3.X. There are no alternatives to it, it is the only one.

The ModLoader (originally created by Nessin and fixed up by me) is THE mod loader for Unturned 2.2.5. Again there are no alternatives (apart from titanium and manual injection)

They are not interchangeable, Rocket is in active development, as is Unturned 3.X, but as far as we are concerned, multiplayer for Unturned 2.2.5 is as good as dead. Development has stopped on both plugins and the mod loader for it. On one hand, since Rocket is simply on the bleeding edge of the game, sometimes it doesn't work properly (and neither does the game for that matter), on the other, the 2.2.5 branch is stale and we'll outdated.

leonardosc likes this.
  3. Lifeslayer

Lifeslayer N00b

Alright, so I had Rocket working at one point. Then I had tried your ModLoader, not realizing that my Unturned was the most current. I figured it out later, so I tried to get Rocket back using the same steps I did before except now, I have this error code after adding it to the Managed files. The log is here...

[8/26/2015 11:15:53 PM] [Exception] Rocket.Core >> Exception in Awake: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Rocket.Core.R.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have no idea what this means, nor how to fix it. Please help!

EDIT: If you want I can also provide a screen shot. After completely deleting all Unturned files and reinstalling Unturned as well as Rocket, it STILL gives me the error code above. Again, I have no idea what it means, and less of an idea how to fix! I tried searching online with no luck, except for a Chinese/Japanese site saying "That isn't your online file" or something like that, which I didn't understand the SLIGHTEST.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  4. MiniMuleNZ

Like I said, Rocket is bleeding edge programming. You might find that it's for a different version and an update hasn't come out yet or it's unstable

5. Lifeslayer

Lifeslayer N00b

But as I said, it was working just fine up until I reinstalled it.

And if it doesn't work any longer, does that mean there are NO other programs to use? If there aren't, can I download mods and admin tools manually?

6. MiniMuleNZ

Have you downloaded a new copy of Rocket? Every single time Nelson changes something, Rocket requires another update. Otherwise you should log a bug report with Rocket over on their site, or discuss it with @fr34kyn01535 who is the developer of Rocket