1. Hello there, Guest
    It's nice to see you around, please do remember that our Forum was made by Members of the Community and that our Forum Applications are only for the Forum Moderation position. As this is an Unofficial Community we don't have control over Unturned Servers, Steam Accounts, VAC Bans, etc.

Section Update #1

Discussion in 'Mods / Tools' started by iEatNoodlez_, Sep 30, 2014.

1. iEatNoodlez_

iEatNoodlez_ Modding Team Staff Member Modding Team Leader

So I'd thought I'd write this just to give some information and propositions into what's happening soon or what has happened.

3.0 Mods and VAC

As we know, VAC is soon to be implemented into 3.0 along with workshop. In the preview we have some files in the resources that we get a quick peek at. These could be for custom textures. This could be for anything. Hopefully workshop adding will also include the option to implement custom mods or code.

VAC will not be effected through SteamCMD Dedicated servers; logged in as anonymous. We will have more information on this later.

Nessin's Mod Loader

As many of you saw in chat. While one of our new developers was reviewing the source code, he found that Nessin had put some malicious code. This allowed Nessin to come on to any server that had mod loader and had permission level of the server. We recommend you update to the new mod loader IMMEDIATELY. A new mod loader will soon be up for download with the full source.

New Developers

@MiniMuleNZ
    @Blueblood
    @Kunii

Demotion

@Nessin - This is currently under investigation. Read Above.

Mod Uploads

There will be a new licence file you will have to upload in order for you to get your mod. All legal information will be presented later on when this is fully written.

Mods will now require a full source bin. You don't need to make this public, but you can email and Administrator or Me or Nearbeer to get this approved.

Thanks for reading.​

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    UnturnedMustFall and MiniMuleNZ like this.
  2. VanValdenburg

VanValdenburg N00b++

All Nessin did is he included his SteamID in the default config files.

3. MiniMuleNZ

MiniMuleNZ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Where's your proof? Untitled.png

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  4. VanValdenburg

VanValdenburg N00b++

Can you give me the link for the hash reversing? Tried it myselfe but end up with no solution. Tried several hash generators.
    This should be the hash:
    8905c6a2fa9302ba5b989f9260447e45

--Merged--

Nessin was on our server after we launched the whitelist. Just checked our whitelist and he does not appear to be inside. Thank you for revealing this!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  5. MiniMuleNZ

Oh that's right - the original ID came from the default config, I forward hashed it and checked that they matched. It is:
    76561197976976379 --> 8905c6a2fa9302ba5b989f9260447e45

6. nearbeer

nearbeer N00b++ Staff Member

NearBEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!*

Ev1dentFir3 and MiniMuleNZ like this.
  7. Shake

Shake N00b+

still, while cheaters and hackers were abusin our servers, there was nessin NoCheat, there was admincommands, by nessin, he had the best mods, and gave us modloader, what happened to him? was he banned? i think its not fair, he did one mistake.... but he blessed us with great mods, he kept unturned alive...

Colonel Winters likes this.
  8. MiniMuleNZ

We've been waiting to hear from him in regards to this. He's gone AWOL on us and appears to be developing his own hacks. I assure you we don't like this either and no he hasn't been banned... he just hasn't shown up

Shake likes this.
  9. Shake

Shake N00b+

Maybe he is embarassed....its okay Nessin, just admit it and apologize...Im sure you will be given another chance....

10. MiniMuleNZ

For sure he will. He changed the game forever... I didn't believe he had done this at first. Another forum member tipped me off and asked me to investigate... I was really upset when I found that line of code :'( I had talked to Nessin... given him code to use in his projects... none of us could fill the void that he's left

But he hasn't even logged in since a couple of days before it was found. Started unfriending everyone from the forums on Steam

Shake likes this.
  11. iEatNoodlez_

iEatNoodlez_ Modding Team Staff Member Modding Team Leader

Read below

12. MiniMuleNZ

The below part contains "Read Above". The world ends.

13. VanValdenburg

VanValdenburg N00b++

Tbh Mini and other mods are doing a good job - we do not need Nessin he gave us enough to work with further :D

14. Harker

Harker N00b+

What do you mean about malicious code? It was a trojan, stealer, rootkit, something like that?? Or only a backdoor for cheaters? I just want to know if he had or have remote control of my computer.

15. VanValdenburg

VanValdenburg N00b++

You would know that when you would have read this thread and the posts actually. It is pointed out what this code does: "This allowed Nessin to come on to any server that had mod loader and had permission level of the server."
    However i will be so kind to answer your question.
    No he does not have any remote controll. Only thing he could have been doing while you run this on your Server is having access to the Server even when he is banned. Also it is possible that he could have claimed admin powers on this server.

Harker likes this.
  16. Harker

Harker N00b+

Well i found his steamid in the file UserPermissionLevels.ini but i removed it. That's all the "malicious code"? I think it's ridiculous acusing him for that because you must edit that file to get your permissions.

17. AtomiCAST

AtomiCAST Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Wasn't because of that, you are obviously not reading the thread.
    The malicious part is that he used the assembled plugin to prevent you from removing his rights. The code was part of the plugin.

MiniMuleNZ likes this.
  18. UrbanPretzel

UrbanPretzel N00b

so does the mod loader work with 3.0 servers currently?

19. AtomiCAST

AtomiCAST Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It doesn't work on 3.0 yet.
    3.0 is going thru a lot of Changes constantly wich would mean that mods have to be updated daily.

20. Aeon50

Aeon50 N00b+

Wow that's so sneaky, putting malicious code inside, the modloader... but he shouldn't be banned for this. Just saying..