1. Hello there, Guest
    It's nice to see you around, please do remember that our Forum was made by Members of the Community and that our Forum Applications are only for the Forum Moderation position. As this is an Unofficial Community we don't have control over Unturned Servers, Steam Accounts, VAC Bans, etc.

Shoutbox suggestion

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by mindbdsm, May 7, 2015.

1. mindbdsm

mindbdsm Rookie+

Since some people just register and then write in shoutbox looking for help (not short one) without posting thread on forum, could you maybe limit it so people without posts or too few posts can't write in it?

I think it would improve general use of shoutbox :)

MiniMuleNZ likes this.
  2. MiniMuleNZ

MiniMuleNZ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@A7OM!CAS7 this is not a terrible idea

Cheers mindbdsm :) you're doing well

3. mindbdsm

mindbdsm Rookie+

Thank you. I'm trying as much as my free time at work allows me ^^
    Would like to help more but I'm limited with time due to work and faculty(college/university - not sure of the term) and some private hobbies :D

4. Nikodeemus

Nikodeemus Rookie+

I agree with this

submitvinahost likes this.
  5. AtomiCAST

AtomiCAST Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I like the idea but i need FTP to do it properly without changing all users permissions wich would be a mess, but i'll make this once it is possible.

I was also looking to make a Poll to ask if it could be nice to Give Limited Access for the Resources Manager (No downloads unless you have 5 or 10 posts made) and also the Shoutbox idea could be added to this.

submitvinahost and MiniMuleNZ like this.
  6. Hitchcock Holmes

Hitchcock Holmes Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wouldn't this encourage certain people to attempt by-passing this?

E.g maps, some people register just to get some cool maps asap. I believe it would push people away if they had to post 10 posts just to get the sweet lookin' map they want.
    A download limit? Sure, but people liek their maps Q_Q
    The shoutbox though... 5 or less posts and there will be a delay on each message in the shoutbox?

7. AtomiCAST

If they can download it without restriction people is usually able to steal content and then use it on another place (Like already happend). About the SB, there's no such feature to Delay Mesasges.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  8. Nikodeemus

Nikodeemus Rookie+

Yeah, I know a few people that cheat others

9. MiniMuleNZ

The thing is it will happen regardless. The internet was made for stealing things.

10. mindbdsm

mindbdsm Rookie+

I don't think you should limit access to resources, it will push new people away from the forum but limiting access to shoutbox will make use of shoutbox for regular users of the forum much more pleasant.

It's not like we can't live without it but it would remove unnecessary comments for seeking help and copy-paste comments that shoutbox is not for such things and they should look on some part of forum or post somewhere.

11. Nikodeemus

Nikodeemus Rookie+

Facebook was stolen by Zuckerberg

12. Joshua Huggins

Joshua Huggins Rookie+

I think this limited resources thing isn't that great of an idea.

13. Commander Phill

Commander Phill Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I like it.
    Please elaborate Josh.

14. Joshua Huggins

Joshua Huggins Rookie+

Well, I'm not too much of a mod user, but I will be later in life. If we restrict the amounts of mods and maps people can DL, that would suck. Especially for avid users of mods and maps.

15. Commander Phill

Commander Phill Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator

ok. thank you for clarification.

Joshua Huggins likes this.
  16. Joshua Huggins

Joshua Huggins Rookie+

No problem.

17. AtomiCAST

We are not limiting the amount of mods others can download, we force the newcomers to be active before downloading content from our site to prevent people stealing others work and claiming them as their own.

Example:
    User Borja registers on the forum and has 0 messages, we (UF)prevent user Borja from downloading our content until he reaches atleast 5 posts that aren't spam or useless.

MiniMuleNZ likes this.
  18. mindbdsm

mindbdsm Rookie+

There should be some limitations, if you just give evrything to everyone they will just register, take everything and leave. We need to make community a bit more active.
    I also noticed there are already some changes like not being able to see everything if you are not registered and logged in.

19. MiniMuleNZ

Too high a limitation though and you risk people mirroring the content (even though it breaks our terms of service and would likely result in a DMCA takedown)

20. Someone

Someone N00b

And option to hide shoutbox (excuse me if you can already do that, I couldn't find it) because some of us don't use it and it's only taking up space