1. Hello there, Guest
    It's nice to see you around, please do remember that our Forum was made by Members of the Community and that our Forum Applications are only for the Forum Moderation position. As this is an Unofficial Community we don't have control over Unturned Servers, Steam Accounts, VAC Bans, etc.

Steel Building Materials/Smithing Skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeKing, Oct 29, 2016.

1. ZeKing

ZeKing N00b+

Now we all now how easy it is to raid a base with explosives, even if you haven't tried you should still know. If not, lemme fill you in. To blow up 4 metal walls at once all you gotta do is place 2 c4's around the center of them all. So if you have enough c4s you could just easily completely demolish som1s base. Which isnt that good, and can ruin the good PvP experience some people are looking for while coming to play Unturned. So my idea is to add a new tier of building materials, steel; and along with that i think you should need a smithing skill or something along those lines. Theres not really too much too it. Steel should require at least 2 scrap metal and heat nearby, with the max amount of smithing skill and it should have a much greater durability. Seeing as it takes 10 scrap metal to make a metal wall, it would now take 20 or more. Depending on how much metal it would take to make 1 steel. Can som1 plz reach out to Nelson/Unturned Dev, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    PotatoLord likes this.
  2. PotatoLord

PotatoLord Survivor++

I like the idea, but don't find it that necessary

3. ZeKing

ZeKing N00b+

It could give you more time to defend your base. Instead of if someone placed explosive around your base, then blew your base to smitherines and takes all your loot. Plus, in the back of a lot of peoples mind, they've wanted another tier of building materials.

4. PotatoLord

PotatoLord Survivor++

True, but you could just expand on the base with an outer wall/walls

5. Commander Phill

Commander Phill Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Or you can honey comb your base beyond belief with metal and wood.

6. ZeKing

ZeKing N00b+

People with helicopter could then get over and blow up your base.

7. ZeKing

ZeKing N00b+

Done that before took stupid long just to do the part I actually use. then if you dont build it tall, wide, long, or honey comb it enough someone could esily go from the top or sides and have fun watching it blow up.

8. PotatoLord

PotatoLord Survivor++

like that's gonna happen. I don't see helicopters a lot (not at all) and just build a roof over it

9. Commander Phill

Commander Phill Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator

10. PotatoLord

PotatoLord Survivor++

Tank shells are just as powerful as charges