1. Hello there, Guest
    It's nice to see you around, please do remember that our Forum was made by Members of the Community and that our Forum Applications are only for the Forum Moderation position. As this is an Unofficial Community we don't have control over Unturned Servers, Steam Accounts, VAC Bans, etc.

Unturned Specific Folders - Workshop and Steam Unturned folder

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Call_Me_M, May 12, 2015.

1. Call_Me_M

Call_Me_M N00b+

Since Nelson put up the Workshop, there have been plenty of mods available for download there.
    But for the inexperienced, like myself, we don't know if it's cloud stuff or physical files from the Workshop.

Note: Workshop Items are "ready-to-spawn" via commands while Workshop Maps are "ready-to-play" when you pick a place to play in SP or setting up a server.

Here's how you find those files:
    Default storage would have Steam in the C: drive.
    (Just adjust to where you keep your Steam or program files)

You want to open up "My Computer"/"Computer".
    C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > workshop > content

They will not have names of the mods you "subscribed" to. They will have numbers as their names instead.
    -Just go ahead and look through each folder to see what each folder has in it.
    _______
    For your Steam Unturned folder...
    Again, default storage is under the C: drive.
    (Just adjust to where you keep your Steam or program files)

C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Unturned

If you didn't know that already, now you know. This is where you'll put your downloaded mods (that is NOT from the Workshop) in their respected folders.
    -Usually in the "Bundles" folder and in their respected categories.
    --i.e: ATV mod to "Vehicles"
    -For guns, bags, etc. (AKA "Items"), you go from Bundles > Items > then whatever the item is. Guns into "Guns", bags to "Backpacks", etc.

Maps go into the "Maps" folder in the main Unturned folder

For these mods and maps, just make sure you COPY instead of dragging over. That way, you have a separate copy. This is a "just in case anything goes wrong" type of deal (a contingency plan).
    _______
    Advice:
    If you download mods a lot, I suggest you make a copy of the Steam Unturned folder to a place you can easily access it.
    Remember, it's (whatever driver you use. mine is the default) C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Unturned

Before Left clicking on Unturned, Right Click > Copy > Go to wherever you want to place the folder > Right Click > Paste Shortcut

-For me, I have mine on my Start Menu. I just dragged the folder over the Start Button, hovered for a few seconds until the menu came up, and dropped it. Pinned itself to the Start Menu.
    _______
    Leave a "Like" if you found this helpful. Thanks.
    Enjoy the carnage.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  2. Nikodeemus

Nikodeemus Rookie+

Good job with this.

Call_Me_M likes this.
  3. Call_Me_M

Call_Me_M N00b+

Thank you.

4. MiniMuleNZ

MiniMuleNZ Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Excellent work! Stickied

5. WaterBoyGaming

WaterBoyGaming N00b

Hello I've seen servers using the admins year mod and it doesn't show up as workshop content. Is it possible to do that with other mods?