1. Hello there, Guest
    It's nice to see you around, please do remember that our Forum was made by Members of the Community and that our Forum Applications are only for the Forum Moderation position. As this is an Unofficial Community we don't have control over Unturned Servers, Steam Accounts, VAC Bans, etc.

User titles

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by Goodfeet, Jul 20, 2014.

Should there be more titles?

1. More

44 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Less

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Keep it like this

23 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. HydroPotato

HydroPotato N00b+

Well then I guess it will take me a long time to get a high rank

2. Jirokure

Jirokure N00b+

dat Mafioso tho :3

3. Goodfeet

Goodfeet Forum-Manager Staff Member Forum Managers

It's not a rank.. It's a title.

4. HydroPotato

HydroPotato N00b+

Oh sorry I meant title

5. Hitchcock Holmes

Hitchcock Holmes Moderator Staff Member Moderator

These titles seem a bit simple.

Currently there's only the PEI map (none gives a shizz about Arena).
    On PEI there lives Canadians, emigrants and "natives"; and as it seems like PEI will forever be the easiest map why not change the Noob rank to Canadian (or Canadian Survivalist to not sound "@Racist@" or trying to make 'em look bad).

The 2nd map will be that Arizona map (or whatever it was to be named) and most likely a bit harder than PEI meaning that would be a cool way to progress in the titles... sort... example below.

• Canadian Survivor (Canadian Freshspawn / Fresh meat / Canadian Meat) to understand that this player just spawned into the world and doesn't have enough experience to take on the harder places yet.
    • Canadian Survivalist
    • Canadian Milita
    Those were starter ranks that may work

• Traveller / Hitchhiker (You've left Prince Edward's Island and you're on your way to Arizona for your next horrific adventure)
    • Arizona Settler / Survivalist (You've arrived in Arizona, you've setled, you're experienced and have obviously been on the forum for a while)
    Basically go for ranks that will be themed with the progress of the game as well as "forum rank fitting".

And keep in mind that people don't need to be good at the game to be active on the forum.

(Just suggestions, there's always someone that can come up with something better, and I do hope they do, but just wanted to hint at what would be cool)

6. LeDuck

LeDuck Rookie+

I'm up for the "Canadian meat" >:D

7. Goodfeet

Goodfeet Forum-Manager Staff Member Forum Managers

I don't even care.

8. Hitchcock Holmes

Good to know.

I got another suggestion for "User Titles", just that their more like custom ones (that needs aproval of a staff).

For example when you reach one of the higher titles or highest maybe they can apply for a custom title?

(might be a bit silly, but sort of a reward for the most active members)

9. Spell

Spell N00b+

The next map being released is the USA map, not the Arizona map. Nelson said on stream he was not releasing the Arizona map.

10. Hitchcock Holmes

Arizona, USA, South Africa, same shiz, right? (maybe not, but you get the idea of how the ranking should go)

11. Asher_

Asher_ Survivor

While I do have to agree, there are plenty of titles, and there certainly are people spamming for said titels, there will most DEFINITELY need to be more in the future. The hightest poster is at around 350, and this forum is only just under a month old. I believe within the next month, someone will reach the max title! :p

12. Hitchcock Holmes

Here comes a terrible suggestion;

can there be a sub forum for those with the higher ranks? I'm not exactly sure of what purpose this would serve, but would sort of act as a private forum for the most active members.

As I said, might be terrible, but just sayin' Q_Q

13. Nether

Nether Rookie

In my opinion I feel like separating the community like that is a general bad idea as it's more work and it's just overall pointless.

14. Zeklo

Zeklo Survivor

Its appealing and its not. I'd hate for people to start spamming to get in on these forums.

15. Hitchcock Holmes

Yup, that's why I'm saying it's a terrible idea.

Now that 3 out of 7 000 000 000+ people have confirmed that we should just scratch that idea.

:|

-------------------

Edit:
    Wanted to bring it up anyways as some forums got it and it works out for those, but they're more casual gaming forums and not dedicated to one game, theme etc. so "spamming" and double posts are obviously a bit better accepted.

16. Whovian10ant

Whovian10ant Rookie

I do see why you would mention it. However, the main forum feels empty enough as it is right now. We really don't need anything to make less people stay here right now. In the future, maybe something like that could work, but only when we have exponentially more people online at any given time.

Hitchcock Holmes likes this.
  17. The Show

The Show N00b

Specialized members should get custom user titles.

18. Nether

Nether Rookie

This. I think we need to be filling our normal forums with regular topics instead of focusing on private forums.

19. Ev1dentFir3

Ev1dentFir3 Head Moderator Contributor

I think 200 posts is well past rookie, how about changing rookie to zombie. Also can you add developer titles, ranks for number of downloads and such. Thanks

20. Chelseaa

Chelseaa N00b

Can there be custom usertitles?